Avid Core is committed to fostering an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply for our open positions and to join our bench of talented professionals. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are encouraged to join the Avid Core team.
Do you view challenges as opportunities? Do you question the status quo and wonder how you can make a process better?
We craft concepts that make people feel, buy-in, and take action. We’re always looking for people who share our commitment to equitable public outreach and a passion for the full strategic communications lifecycle. If you think you could be a good fit for our team, send us your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit:
View Available Opportunities:
Strategic Communications Specialist (CLEARED)
Avid Core is seeking a communications specialist with strong writing, editing, and project management skills to support a federal government client in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must have an active public trust clearance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Department of Homeland Security, or an equivalent or higher federal government security clearance. The position is currently remote due to COVID-19 with the expectation to work at the client site in Washington, D.C. when required. Travel will likely be required.
Applicants should send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: Between $65,000 and $80,000, varies based on experience
- Experience in strategic communications, stakeholder engagement/coordination, and project management
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience/interest in working with law enforcement agencies
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Exceptional editing skills to ensure deliverables submitted to the client for final approval are error-free
- Strong QA/QC skills to ensure correspondence compliance according to the appropriate federal government style guide
- Has the ability to manage and follow-up on deadlines, as well as to identify and recommend solutions and next steps
- Strong Microsoft Office and SharePoint skills,
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex platforms
- Familiarity with the National Environmental Policy Act (preferred)
- Spanish-language proficiency (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience
- Comprehensive health insurance through Aetna
- Vision, dental and short-term and long-term disability
- 401K includes employer match (after six months of employment)
- Federal and non-federal paid holidays
- Generous paid time off and carry-over policy (upon employment and accrued)
- Generous bonus program based on firm and individual performance
- Work with a fun team!