Avid Core is committed to fostering an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply for our open positions and to join our bench of talented professionals. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are encouraged to join the Avid Core team.
Do you view challenges as opportunities? Do you question the status quo and wonder how you can make a process better?
We craft concepts that make people feel, buy-in, and take action. We’re always looking for people who share our commitment to equitable public outreach and a passion for the full strategic communications lifecycle. If you think you could be a good fit for our team, send us your resume and let us know why you’re the right fit:
View Available Opportunities:
Strategic Communications Specialist
Avid Core is seeking a communications specialist with strong writing, editing, and project management skills to support a federal government client in Washington, D.C. We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented person interested in improving public engagement processes for our citizens.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Experience in strategic communications, stakeholder engagement/coordination, and project management
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience/interest in working with law enforcement agencies
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Exceptional editing skills to ensure deliverables submitted to the client for final approval are error-free
- Strong QA/QC skills to ensure correspondence compliance according to the appropriate federal government style guide
- Has the ability to manage and follow-up on deadlines, as well as to identify and recommend solutions and next steps
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint skills,
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex platforms
- Familiarity with the National Environmental Policy Act (preferred)
- This role may require the candidate to obtain a public trust government clearance.
- Spanish-language proficiency (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience
- Between $65,000 and $80,000, varies based on experience
- Comprehensive health insurance through Aetna
- Vision, dental and short-term and long-term disability
- Grow your savings with a 401K employer match (after six months of employment)
- Federal and non-federal paid holidays
- Generous paid time off and carry-over policy (upon employment and accrued)
- Generous bonus program based on firm and individual performance
- Grow your career with an award-winning government contracting firm
- Work with a welcoming & fun team!
Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, Veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to join the Avid Core team.
Accommodations: Avid Core is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we provide reasonable accommodations as needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process.
Avid Core is a minority and woman-owned small business headquartered in Northern Virginia with employees throughout the country. We provide effective strategic communications, project management, public outreach, and innovative marketing strategies. Avid Core is an equal opportunity employer and operates a drug-free workplace.